My dear friend Kandice tagged me in this post, so I figured I better get to it! I actually saw it going around the blogosphere and was worried I’d get tagged. I’m so bad at questionnaires. But here goes…
1. Post these rules.
2. Post 11 random things about yourself.
3. Answer the questions provided by the person who tagged you.
4. Create 11 new questions for the people you tag.
5. Tag 11 people (no, really?)
11 Random Things:
1. Whenever these “Post __ Random Things About Yourself” come up (and believe me, it’s happened a few times over the years), I get stressed thinking my life is so boring. Which things are important? Which are “random?” Why is it taking me so long to think of 11 things in 23 years of life? And I end up going into this nostalgic and philosophical journey about life and my life.
2. I have a huge fear of the unknown. It’s so huge I can’t even fully explain it. And it manifests in strange ways – like many other fears. I’m terrified of space (like the solar system), so much so, that I don’t want to expand anymore than that. Also: the ocean, being put under anesthetic, being on drugs, pregnancy…. I could go on.
3. On a lighter note: My dream is to be a producer for Ellen Degeneres. I would love to find undiscovered YouTube talent, and help find inspiring stories and change the lives of others. Oh, and I wouldn’t mind if Ellen passed the show on to me when she decides to retire.
4. I shaved my head for cancer when I was 12. I convinced my 2 best friends to do it with me. Thanks Sonns and Annie. We raised over $3000 for kids cancer research.
5. My hair is perfectly straight. I haven’t used a straightener in years. But I’m incredibly envious of thick, long locks. My hair is just too soft and fine that I don’t think I’ll ever have super long hair.
6. I like to be active with social media, because I’ve pursued some jobs in the field but I really don’t get twitter. At least for my personal use. I just hate it. Instagram, however? Now you’re talking.
7. I like Greg a lot. I hope that’s not random, because I think I make that pretty obvious. I’m seriously running out of things to say. I only got to number 4 on this list before going through the rest of it and coming back. I’m so boring!
8. I hate going to the doctor. I hate check ups, needles, blood tests, and the thought of anything or anyone poking or prying anywhere. I truly don’t know how I’ll ever survive being pregnant. It’s a beautiful thing when I see others go through it, but the thought of something in my for 9 months grosses me out more than anything. Dentists however? Don’t bother me at all, and believe me I’ve had some gross surgery experiences.
9. Greg makes the most delicious gnocchi in the world and I could eat it every day. I’d also be 250 pounds if I did. But sometimes when we haven’t had it for a long time I crave it so much I could cry when I finally eat it.
10. I can’t listen to audiobooks or podcasts very well. My mind wanders and I realize I just drifted off for 10 minutes. I also always fall asleep to them, and it doesn’t matter how interesting they are! Such a shame, I know.
11. I am stuck. So I asked Greg, what is something “random” about me? And this is what he said. “You don’t poop. Also, you like babies a lot but you don’t like kids. You save all your Lucky Charms marshmallows for last and you’re very mean if someone takes a bite of them. Your third grade teacher enlisted you to write cards for her because your penmanship was so good.” Thanks, Greg!
1. If you could speak any second language fluently, which language would you learn?
If I wanted to be business smart I’d say something like cantonese or mandarin. But since I think french is so romantic and I tried so hard to learn it all through school, I’ll say French.
2. What is your favourite dessert?
Anything with chocolate. I hate custards and creams and puddings.
3. What is your biggest pet peeve?
When people aren’t grateful. I’m all about thanking people (even for small things like holding the door). But when someone goes out of their way to do something nice, a simply “thank you” can really make a difference!
4. What was your favourite childhood toy or game?
I played a lot of Grounders at the park, so I’d say that. Or pretending we were the Spice Girls.
5. What is the best prank you ever pulled? (I want details)
Oh my gosh. I don’t think I’ve ever really pranked people. How lame am I? And how was I your best friend for so long, Kandice? Do extravagant surprises count? Or a pranking TV show I just worked on?
6. Give me three song recommendations.
1. We Are Young – FUN
2. Arms – Christina Perri
3. I Love You But I Don’t Know What to Say: Ryan Adams
7. What movie can you best quote (word for word!)?
The Devil Wears Prada
8. What are the top three things on your bucket list?
These dang questionnaires… I’m slowly slipping into that pondering life phase…
1. Make a documentary that gets into Sundance.
2. Meet Ellen, and have a deserving reason to do so.
3. Buy a cute old house with Greg and our future puppy to start our little fam.
9. If you could trade places with anyone, who would you trade with?
Maybe Greg. Then I could see how his brain works and understand him and see what being married to me is like. Uh oh!
10. What will you name your first/next child?
Is this your way to steal everyone’s awesome baby names, Kandice? Just kidding. Girl: Josephine (Josie) and Boy: Raymond. I’ve now trademarked this, so you can’t copy if you beat me to it!
11. What is your favourite memory we share together?
I like this one! Oh goodness, there are way too many. I have to say that one of my favourite memories would be when I discovered Brett’s chocolate milk lined frosted glasses in the freezer. I think I lost it, and you lost it, and we were just lying on the basement floor crying of laughter. Either that or the many trips to Invermere (the adventures could go on and on), pretending you, Janel and I just came from a dance show to our highschool bonfire at Bowness (and dancing in front of the headlights), cruisin’ in the mazda or falling asleep in the basement to movies. Or the day we spent the ENTIRE day cruisin’ on the moped.
1. What is one thing you really hope to achieve this year? Maybe something you don’t publicize too much.
2. What is one thing you really hope to achieve in your life?
3. What is your favourite movie, and why?
4. What is your dream job?
5. If there were no limitations of any sort, what would your perfect life be at this very moment? (Where you’d be? What family? What job?)
6. Do you have any regrets?
7. What is something not very many people know about you?
8. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
9. What is your favourite thing about your boyfriend/spouse? Or about YOU if you aren’t in a relationship right now?
10. What is your favourite book, and why?
11. Who is your hero? And why?
1. Gillian Rasmussen
2. Mary LeSueur
3. Tiffany Rebecca
4. Elyse Chubak
5. Cherisa Smith
6. Angie Takahashi
7. Paige Hall (I know your blog is more portfolio directed, but you should do this anyway!)
8. Erika Takahashi
9. Sonja Olson (I know your life in Norway is really busy, so you might not have time…)
10. Mandy Thorogood
11. Hillary Winn
Don’t forget to let me know when you’ve done it! Can’t wait to read everyone’s… hope they are more exciting than mine!